I hope you enjoy this light and fluffy gluten-free hash brown crust quiche! as much as we have. It is perfect for holidays like Christmas breakfast and Easter brunch or just a Saturday morning! My family is a little pack of Celiacs, so all my recipes are gluten-free. This recipe is my version of a quiche I had while visiting the Low Country of South Carolina, while there for my son-in-laws Marine Corps Bootcamp graduation. It was a pleasant surprise to find a yummy little bakery down by the water with gluten-free quiche! When we realized the crust was hashbrowns, I stuck it in my Pinterest mind-board filed under “Make this Someday”.
So here it is. My standard quiche recipe, baked in a hashbrown crust. You won’t even care that it’s gluten free – trust me!
Gluten Free Hashbrown Crust Quiche
- 1 -20 oz. bag of frozen hashbrowns – I used Trader Joe's brand.v
- 8 eggs
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 tsp. french thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- additional butter for buttering the pie pan
- Defrost the hashbrowns. I put mine in a collander in the sink, but you can do the same overnight in the fridge, just put a plate beneath them to collect any moisture.
- Meanwhile, butter a 9-inch pie pan. Melt the 1/4 cup of butter. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Gently press the defrosted hashbrowns between paper towels to dry themout as best as possible. In the buttered pie plate, toss the hashbrowns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form the crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until medium brown and starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, green onions, salt, pepper and thyme. Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Once the hashbrown crust is golden, remove from the oven. Let cool 3 minutes, then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Bake an additional 25-30 minutes until set (no giggling left in the middle, and the quiche has puffed up.)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a couple minutes before cutting.
If you want to forgo the hashbrown crust and use a traditional gluten-free crust, that works well too!
Want more gluten-free recipes? to subscribe.
Always be ready for your next little gathering – Enfete has everything you need to be the perfect hostess. Find fun tableware you can’t find in discount stores – fun holiday plates, cups, napkins and more to serve your Gluten Free Quiche in style!
I’d love to hear how much you love the gluten-free hashbrown crust quiche recipe and if you have any modifications. I’d love to know what you serve for Christmas breakfast and Easter brunch as well! Please drop your comment below!
Easter Basket with Bunny Face$13.00
Carrot Easter Treat Boxes$11.00
Blue Shimmer Paper Plates$9.50
He is Risen Easter Cake Topper$13.00
Easter Bunny & Spring Baking Cups$15.00