One of my favorite parts of spring is the reopening of the Farmer’s Market here in town. It is open year-round, but all the vendors return in April. In my ‘former life’ I was a vendor at the market, packing up before light some mornings, loading the truck, and scuttling to the market in the sometimes very cold, and sometimes blistering hot days here in Northern Virginia. Ah, for now I’ll just fondly remember those days with a cup of coffee in hand while in my pajamas.
So, if you are craving the return of fresh and green, here is gluten free salad that is certain to satisfy.
Gluten Free Spring Strawberry Salad with Bacon
- 4 cups of fresh mixed spring greens
- 4 slices of cooked bacon crumbled or chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced then quartered
- 1/2 cup of sliced fresh strawberries
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Toss the greens, bacon, and cucumbers. Place the strawberries on the top of the salad and stir gently to combine. Top with the Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette.
What’s your favorite spring salad? Post your recipes and suggestions below! Can’t wait to see what you’re celebrating spring with!