I’ ve been making this bark for over 20 yrs. I’m not really sure why I started, but undoubtedly my children won’t let me get thru the Christmas season without making a batch. It’s only two ingredients, and easy. So give this a try! Let me know how it turned out!
See my videos on making bark in our Unicorn Bark post
Simple Peppermint Bark
- 30 oz of white chocolate – either the melting disks or chips
- 1 cup of crushed peppermint sticks just pound with a rolling pin in a ziplock bag
- 2 tsp of crushed peppermint sticks – for dusting over the bark
- Fill a double boiler filled with a couple inches of water (I put a large metal bowl atop a stockpot. You don’t want the bowl to be able to fit all the way down inside, just rest on top of the stockpoThe water should NOT touch the upper bowl. You will be using steam to heat the chocolate. This allows the chocolate to melt, and not scorch.
- Meanwhile, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the water comes to a simmer. Place the upper bowl in place. Turn the heat to low. Add the white chocolate. With a rubber spatula gently stir the chocolate. You will see if start to melt against the bowl as it warms.
- Continue to stir the chocolate until it is melted. Remove from heat (be careful as the bowl will be hot!) Wipe the bottom of the bowl with a towel (so that it doesn’t drip into chocolate later.
- Add 1 cup of crushed peppermint, and stir to incorporate. Pour onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Tap the baking sheet so the chocolate flows out and levels.
- Sprinkle lightly with the remaining crushed peppermint sticks.
- Place in a cool area or the freezer just until hardened. I use my garage – it’s always cold here when I make this.
- Once the bark is hard, snap pieces into triangles and other shapes.
- Package up!
Wrap Up Your Peppermint Bark Elegantly with EnFete
I used brown craft boxes lined with wax paper serving sheets, and then tied and added “Peppermint Bark” tags
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
The recipe is gluten-free! (All my recipes are, we are a pack of celiacs in this house)